Mallie Bean

Mallie Bean

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Checking in

Well its been awhile since I posted, fortuneatly it has been pretty nice not going to GR every week for doctor appts, bloodwork, testing, etc...  But the dreaded surgery is coming closer only about 2 weeks left.  Steve does'nt say much but I am not looking forward to it at all! I know he is worried but like most guys keeps to himself.  I try not to think about the little stuff because it freaks me out.  She will be getting her intestines fixed because of the malrotation.  A procedure that is going to prevent future problems.  It may or may not help her eating.  She will also be getting tubes in her ears and another hearing test following.  Then from the sounds of it she will probably need hearing aides.  I know she does not hear well, but I swear sometimes she can hear somethings - which is encouraging if they can get that fluid out of there.  Because of the procedure for the intestines she will be in the hospital for a few days.  those are the days that I am dreading.  There is still a lingering possibility of a feeding tube.  Personally I don't think she needs one - she is not packing on the pounds but with her diagnosis that is to be expected.  She is eating more calories between solids and formula.  I believe in my heart she has delayed gastric emptying and that is why sometime she is not hungry.  When she is hungry she eats great.  A tube will not fix anything if she does not empty quick enough.  So that is still in the air and we need to see where she is at when the surgery approaches.  We still have PT every week and try to work with her and her neck muscles.  She is rolling all over the place but still has a hard time holding her head up on her own.  It might not have anything to do with the fact that she still wears 0-3 month clothes and is 10 months old!!!  She is learning to wave and clap.  She has 6 teeth currently with more on the way, I think :)  So all in all she is doing great considering all the things stacked against her.  Still the most smiley happy girl on the planet.  I hope to keep everyone updated during the surgery - will hopefully post before then - but until next time - thanks for all the love and support! 

No comments:

Post a Comment