Mallie Bean

Mallie Bean

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Day 3 Post Op

I would like to say that things are great and better today.  Unfortunately, last night was not the greatest nights - I think I took 2-3 hour naps along with Mallie.  Her pain seemed to not be as under control as we were trying to go longer without giving the meds.  Since morphine tends to slow down bowel function - but it did not go in our favor.  Her tummy also seems to be getting tighter and bigger.  She is really kind of phlemmy from not being able to eat or drink anything.  That keeps getting caught in her throat and making it harder for her to breathe well.  She is still on oxygen to keep that up and without it she does not seem to stay in the higher 90's like she should be.  The nurse this morning had to put a new NG tube down her nose because the other one was not functioning properly.  Mallie is not a fan of that happening. We are hoping this will relieve the problem with her tummy not feeling well.  she had a lot of stuff sitting in there that had to come out.  I don't foresee us moving out of the PICU anytime soon.  Still waiting for surgery to come around to make their prognosis.  I just feel so bad for her because she does not know what is going on and she just does not feel well at all.  I am exausted and just want things to go her way.  I hope to report later today with better news.  Sorry for all the ones I have not been able to speak to - I really don't like to leave her room for very long.  I know you understand but want to make you aware that I am not avoiding anyone. 

Also I just want to say THANK YOU from every inch of our hearts to my coworkers at WLS.  Everyone has been so understanding and caring.  We are just in complete amazement at the care package that you sent yesterday.  We are so humbled and speachless with everyones generosity.  The words above truly are not enough - if I were there now I would give everyone a big hug. You are all amazing!!!  (Alison - we would need tissues:)  So again thank you, thank you and thank you - we are so blessed.  With love - Steph, Steve and Mallie

1 comment:

  1. Hey Steph, from our family to yours, we are praying for you, Steve and especially Mallie! If you ever need ANYTHING at all, please let us know. We live here in Grand Rapids now, and Jeff works over that way at Spectrum, so it would be no problem at all for us to help you guys out!!! Take care, and know we're praying for you!!!

    ReplyDelete