Mallie Bean

Mallie Bean

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Looking up

Today is the second day of feeding - which we have increased today to 2 ounces if she will take it.  So far so good.  Everything seems to be working correctly and she is sooooo HAPPY and smiley - so I know she feels good.  We just need to get some more weight on her and get her feeds up to normal.  I don't think they will let us go home until we know for sure her body temp is stable.  In order to do that - she needs to put the weight she lost back on.  Last night we did not need the obnoxious baer hugger thing to keep her warm.  She wore fleece jammies and a blanket and that seemed to do the trick.  So I pray for another good temp night and for her to continue to eat without issues.  Hopefully in the next couple days we can come home!!!!!  I did not even ask the surgeon this morning for an estimated date - because I know we are taking this all slow and precautious.  Tomorrow I hope to have even better news for everyone -because I tell you what......  I am going insane being down here - I need to go home!!!!  MALLIE NEEDS TO COME HOME.  We miss everyone and everything.....lots of love - Steph & Mallie

2 comments:

  1. Try to be a little more patient - I know it has been a long rough 2 weeks and probably maybe 3 or 4 days more to go - but you can do it - We don't want to bring Mallie Bean home until she is a whole lot better - she needs to gain some more weight and as long as she is down there if she stays longer than last time she will be a whole lot better than the last time. Hugs and Kisses to you and mallie and Dad and I will see you tomorrow. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steph,
    I can't imagine how hard this has been for both you and Mallie. I'm praying so hard that you get home in the next couple of days. Once you are both there, she will just continue to grow and smile and smile some more. Lots of love coing your way. Stay strong...
    Anut J

    ReplyDelete