Mallie Bean

Mallie Bean

Monday, September 6, 2010

Poor Mallie

So as funny as her pulling out her central line was this morning - it has caused nothing but the worst day for her and me. we started feeds this morning which have not gone very well.  Her last bottle was at 11:30am and she refused her bottle at 2:30.  She has been burping alot and spit up a few times too.  They decided to put an IV in and 2 hours later no success.  She has been poked and poked more than ever today.  I don't know what is worse right now - the fact that she is not eating and acting like she did when we came here or the IV.  The sent us back to PICU to get a central line put back in.  OMG - they have to put an iv in her head - I am so beside myself as I watch them shave her hair.  I feel like I can't breathe.  The poor poor baby - I just don't understand why????  I now have a jar with her hair in it and I am sitting in the waiting area by myself.  The rash she has all over where her first central iv was and on her face looks absolutely horrible.  She looked so scared when I left her this time.  My heart is broken.  I just want my happy baby back to normal.  The PICU nurse just came to check on me - I love her!  She said the IV went in fine and it should be about 45 minutes till done.  Poor Mallie is a bit dehydrated - and needs this! Thanks to everyone for keeping the thougthts and prayers coming.  Steph

2 comments:

  1. Oh Steph, I wish I could just wrap my arms around you and hug you so tight! This has to be so hard for you. We are certainly praying for you!

    Lori, Shelby, Logan, & Tony

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie, I am so sorry poor little baby. if you ever need anything at all we just live down the road. I will keep you both in my thoughts and in my prayers

    I can't even imagine what you must be going through

    Heather Boerema

    ReplyDelete