Mallie Bean

Mallie Bean

Thursday, March 10, 2011

HOLY COW

So as most of you know Mallie's surgery for the cochlear implants was set for May 19th of this year.  We were hoping the surgery would happen sooner so we can get a move on with it.  But it was set for May and I was ok with that.  A couple months out to mentally prepare....OK well yeah right....the Dr. Called yesterday and they had a cancellation and its now NEXT WEEK!!!!  March 17th!!!  I can't believe it!  I am so excited , scared, nervous, emotional, you name it.  I just can't wait for it to be done and we activate them on April 14th.  This could change Mallie's life forever and I just can't wait to see how.  So since it was moved up with like a weeks notice we had to see Dr Leikert today for Surgical clearance - then tomorrow we head to GR to meet with the surgeon again.  I have so many questions.......And if he makes one comment questioning her intelligence I will go postal on him....well maybe just a little bit - after all he will be operating on our baby...I should be nice and politely correct him.  Right???  I suppose :)  Don't know what time the surgery is yet and from everything I read each ear could take 1 to 3 hours  - with potentially a 5 hour surgery ahead of us.  UGH!!!!  I hope its not that long - I pray its not that long.  Then if all goes as planned we should be home the same day.  Then in less than a month we turn them on - Then Watch out world - Mallie will have a lot to say!!!!!!!  Wish us luck and I will for sure be updating on the blog of our next week's events.

Still trying to get Mallie to drink  from a sippee.....I am unsuccessful!!  Ask Steve though I am relentless.  Mallie always wins!  Just got another one today to try.....I swear she laughs at me because she knows how much I want  her to do it.  My biggest thing is I want her to drink things other than formula so she can keep up her hydration, especially since we are incorporating more food.  I would add a third meal and go down to 3 bottles but she won't drink anything else :(  She is still doing great with sitting up and she can sit on her own for a long time with minimal support!!!  She weighed 12lbs 10 ounces today.  I don't remember the last time we had a weight check but it seems like it may have been a month and she has only gained a couple ounces but SHE Gained :)  So thats all that matters.  

No comments:

Post a Comment