Mallie Bean

Mallie Bean

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Surgery DAY!

Top of the afternoon to everyone - we just got settled in the waiting area.  The surgeon was running an hour behind this morning so she didn't go back until 11:30 instead of 10:30.  We went and grabbed some lunch then wandered thru the gift shop.  The plan for the surgeon is to do the Right ear first then check the left for fluid.  If there is fluid in there they will put a tube in and she will be done for the day.  If no fluid he will proceed with the left ear.  The new Childrens hospital is really nice, bright and alot more quiet.  Lots of cool things for older kids to enjoy.  Both Steve and I are nervous as hell - but we know this is going to be great.  When they came to get her  - I wanted to grab her and run out the door.  She did'nt even cry when the lady picked her up to take her.  I think she was so tired and hungry that she was like Whatever at that point.  I have lots of emotions running thru me right now.  I want to cry but I can't, I am nervous for the surgery and anxious for it to be done.  More anxious for the activation in a few weeks to see if these things work.  I know we have made the right choice for this to be done, but somehow while we were waiting this morning I was questioning what the hell have we gotten ourselves into.  I hope we are doing the right thing.  I hope this will be worth it.  I will  update more a little later when we know.  They are supposed to let us know when they are done with the first implant.  Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers this morning, keep em coming!!!!  Love to all - Steph & Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment