Mallie Bean

Mallie Bean

Friday, July 30, 2010

Mama I'm coming home :)!!!!!

Hi to all -

Yesterday mid afternoon we were finally able to get her ng tube out of her nose :)  They made us wait till 5ish to try feeding and we started with pedialite.  Note to self - Mallie hates pedialite :)  She took like a half an ounce.  Every 3 hours after that we were able to try formula - she ate 1 ounce formula at 8 which I know she would have took more but we needed to start slow.  Then at 10:30pm she took the 2 ounce bottle.  Also had a huge messy diaper which is awesome. Yeah I know never ever will I be excited about dirty diapers as we are right now :)  That shows her intestines are working and working correctly.  She was able to sleep until 4am  - of course they have to do vitals, etc... so she woke up but did take another almost 2 ounce bottle then right back to sleep.  So far today she has taken 2 full 2 ounce bottles.  She is so over this place.  Everytime a nurse comes in and even make eye contact she cries.  I hope they don't take it personal :)  I am sure they don't.....so her surgeon came in this morning and said we can GO HOME TODAY!!!!!!!!  She will do so much better at home, I just know it.  Since she is such a fussy/picky eater - I anticipate that it will take a while for me to get her back to the amounts she was eating before surgery.  So far so good!  I still can't express how much all the support and prayers, and kind words means to us.  THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!  I will update later after we get home  - Love Steph

1 comment:

  1. I am sure Mallie will be eating a whole lot better pretty quick - after seeing her last night clapping her hands, waving at Grampa and Gramma I am sure she will be back to normal in no time flat. She is just so smart she seems to know exactly who you are as soon as she sees you - I was so astounded at how good she looked compared to when we saw her come out of surgery on Tuesday - I am so glad she is home where she belongs and before you know it she will be back to her normal crazy head shaking self. She is your "cutie patootie" and my beautiful little Mallie Bean. Love you both, Mom

    ReplyDelete