Mallie Bean

Mallie Bean

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Catching a break......whats that?

Well, I have been bad and not updating and was just thinking the other day I should get on here to give an update.  Well I would love to tell everyone that Mallie is healed and we are moving forward.  Well we are moving forward all right.  Here is a run down - we had one week of good eating then her surgery site looked suspicous and we had to go on bactrim.  The bactrim was not her best freind.  She refused to eat, had upset tummy - broke out in a horrible rash.  So she is allergic to that!  Perfect!  We had one good day off the bactrim and she then went back to not really eating and had a really hard tummy.  No bowel movements for a few days.  Which I was not super conserned with at first because she has always battled constipation.  Well Sunday night she started throwing up and only ate like 5 ounces of food all day.  I knew something was up - so Steve and I took her to the ER in ludington.  We were not there 10 minutes and she started vomiting again but it was green.  That was a bad sign - we pretty much were heading to GR from that point.  So Mallie and I went via ambulence and Daddy followed. We came to the ER in GR and they said from the xray there was a messed up pattern of air and fluid but did not look like a obstruction.  So they admitted us to do a lower GI the next day.  We had the lower GI and they discovered a stricture - sp?  It is a narrowing of the bowel that is causeing her current issues.  After talking with the surgery staff - looks like the only option is to correct it.  So here we are again.......surgery is scheduled for tomorrow but no time set yet.  I hope to update this later with more details.  I can't describe what I feel right now becuase I feel like this is all a dream and any moment I will wake up at home with my healthy baby.  So now that I have pinched myself  - I am just taking one day at a time and not looking forward to the next few days to come.  Starting all over with recooping is not my idea of a good time.  I don't think Mallie is in favor of this either.  Thanks to everyone for the prayers and all the support.  lots of love - Steph , Steve and Mallie Bean :)

No comments:

Post a Comment