Mallie Bean

Mallie Bean

Saturday, August 14, 2010

It's August finally

Well - we are well underway into August now and since her surgery she is doing much better - eating like she did before surgery and is happy happy still.  No more breaks from Grand Rapids for awhile.  next week we go down for her post surgery check up on her intestines - and pick up her hearing aides and give them a whirl.....they are purple and sparkly....just what a girl always wanted:)  I hope we can keep them in her ears!!  The following week we have an appt to meet with audiology as a prescreen for the chochlear implants.  Its a 2 hour appt - and it is to test the hearing aides and see if they help her at all.  She has to have the hearing aides for 6 months before insurance will cover implants.  The implants are all new foreign language to me - so I am going to be doing as much research as my brain can handle.  If it is true that she can't hear anything these are supposed to help her hear.  I have read nothing but good stories, positive stories on them...although we hope the hearing aides can help - I have been preparing myself for the implants.  The week after the audiology appt is the appt with the developmental follow up and the ear tubes.  I am looking forward to finding out what we can do with Mallories diet.  Hopefully we can get her off this nasty forumula and move on to something yummy for her sake :)  With high calories of course - wish she could eat what I do this would be so much easier:)  Currently she has 9 teeth confirmed - a couple being molars!!!  She is handling that well..not too crabby.  I will update next week with how the appts go and any new information. 

On a side note - today is Steve and I's 6th year wedding anniversary.  Total we have been together for 15 years!  HOLY COW huh?  I just want to say that this past year has been the hardest on both of us in so many ways - ways we could never imagine.  It so has not been easy and  I want to say that in spite all of it - I still love you Steve with all of my heart! I Hope this next year looks up for all 3 of us!  Happy Anniversary!

No comments:

Post a Comment