Mallie Bean

Mallie Bean

Monday, September 27, 2010

Life

Hello to all -

I am so sorry that the blog was cut short - things in my life have taken a turn I never imagined.  On Sept 18th Mallie was able to come home:) !!!  It was so great to see mason county again.  I planned on updating everyone on sunday morning since we were sent home around 7pm.  We got home and setteled in after 9.  Mallie ate her bottle like a champ - almost the whole 4.5 ounces.  It was a great day! Steve and I went to bed around 11 and at 1:30am I got the phone call that has changed my life forever.  My little sister Misty called me with the news that my dad had passed away.   I can't even describe the moment other than I felt that my heart was going to burst out my chest and my breath was stolen from me.  I did not believe her, not for one second.  I still don't believe it nor do I understand.  He was a great man, the best dad a girl could have, a loving grandfather who's grandkids adored him.  We did not go back to sleep that night - Steve and I waited until Mallie got up to feed her and then went to my mom's house.  Misty and Chad, Dawn and Lisa all were driving thru the night to get there.  When we pulled into the drive of my parents house - I just felt an overwelming sadness - Misty and I hugged and cried forever.  We grew up there with both my mom and dad and now he was gone.  Things will never be the same.  That day along with the week that followed just seems like one big nightmare.  He was so young and had so much left to do with his life - I just don't understand why he had to go.  I am sad that he won't be here to share in watching Mallie grow.  She is doing so good since we came home.  In her whole first year of life - I have been stressed because she just won't eat enough.  Since we came home that night - she has been eating like a horse.  I believe my dad is playing a huge part in that - he was so worried about her.  I truly believe he is watching over her now.  I am missing him so much every day - this is the hardest thing I have ever had to go thru in my life.  Even Mallie's roller coaster ride does not compare to the pain of losing my dad.  I have lost a huge piece of my heart that only time is going to heal.  I want to thank all of our family, friends, neighbors, coworkers, EVERYONE - for being there and supporting me and my family during this time.  This year has really been hard on all of us and now especially with the loss of my dad.  You guys are truly amazing people and we are very blessed to have you in our lives.    Rest in Peace Dad - I LOVE YOU FOREVER!!

No comments:

Post a Comment