Mallie Bean

Mallie Bean

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Goose Egg

Well, last sunday we had our first little accident...little Mallie rolled off our bed and ended up with a little goose egg on our head.  I guess we are just so used to her not going any where - we take it for granted.  She never rolls on our bed, EVER!  Steve was watching TV with her when he turned away for a second - and she was gone.  So we took her to the ER just to be safe.  It took us longer to drive there than it did for the Dr to look her over.  She hit her head probably on our dresser but other than that she was fine.  She had just that little bump on her head.  The Dr assured us this kind of thing happens all the time.  Daddy felt horrible......I want to apologize for being mad at first too....I know you did not mean it.  Just glad she is ok and I know that there will more accidents in the future because that is just life :)  We just have not had the luxury of her being really mobile yet to have to be on our toes that much.  She is getting there though - she can almost sit on her own without support!!  Which means she is getting stronger and soon she will be even more mobile.  Time for us to start child proofing everything or at least real soon!  She getting so big even for her....she is still wearing 3 month clothes but she has the biggest personality ever!!  She loves to mimic and copy everything - we are so ready for her to have her ears as we call it.  I just think she will really take off with her communication.  Still looking like May is the latest and they are still waiting to hear back from CSHC regarding the one or two implant debate.  She told me this week that there are 6 of us that are waiting to hear.  It still makes no sense to me her logic but whatever!!!!  I am calling every week to get an update.  I know they will get sick of me but I don't care.  Wasting time is what we are doing now and that annoys me!!!  Lets go!!!!  Last week we saw the endocrinologist and it was a hi how are ya kind of appt.  She will be in charge if we decide to go the growth hormone route.  Hormones don't start until 2yrs or older, so we won't see her again for awhile.  Mallie was on the 7th percentile for weight to height ratio - which is very good!!!  She weighed 12lbs 4 ounces! under the 10th they don't like to see but we are just happy she is on the chart.  She will never be on the chart for her age - but because she is always going to be shorter and smaller I am going by the Weight to height ratio not the others :)  Since increasing her food intake rather than bottles all day - I think she is getting meatier:)  She is getting 2 meals aday now and 4 bottles.  My only concern is how to get liquids in her.  With doing more food she is getting less liquids therefore leading to constipation too.  Trying to balance this is all a puzzle.  Been trying to get her to drink water from a sippee or even juice watered down after a meal.  She is not too sure of this yet.  She associates the bottle with formula so if I put juice or something in there she won't even try it.  So we are working on that!  I also have decreased her prevacid from twice a day to once and so far I have not noticed that she is eating less so next month we may go to every other day and then just take her off.  I don't think she needs it anymore - but don't want to just take her off  - just in case.  Well thats all for now - hope everyone is trying to stay busy and warm during this dreary winter months :)

No comments:

Post a Comment