Mallie Bean

Mallie Bean

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Homecoming

Well - so far today the switching to Pediasure is not going super great.  She is not a huge fan yet....but I tried to tell her it tastes way better than that nasty formula she is on.  Hopefully she will pick up on it later today.  The plan today is no blood sugar checks until tonite before her bedtime bottle, one at 2am then one at 6 before her morning bottle.  Trying to get her to take the new food source......its chocolate flavored:)  She still has not had a bowel movement since sunday:(  there are bowel sounds and she is passing gas on occasion.  Worried about her constipation issues - but they don't want to start her on miralax yet because of the surgery she had.  So she possibly will be getting a supository later.....poor girl - she better produce something soon.  They want to monitor her sugar tonite with the higher cal formula to determine if there is anything else we should do to keep her sugar in a safe place.  They will be sending us home with a glucose monitor  and will explain when I need to check her so that I can report from home to them.  AGAIN everyone if all goes as planned we will be home sometime tomorrow.  Dear friends - I will be in need of some adult beverages I think  - so feel free to come and participate......Also Steve...I will be in need of some major sleep catch up - so plan on helping me with that.  Be back soon...... Love Steph & Mallie

1 comment:

  1. Steph - PLEASE hollar if you need a few hour break when you get home even for a nap. I'm very familiar with feeding little tiny babies and am quite versed in blood sugar checks. I'm also a professional snuggler! We would love to spend time with her. Just call me!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete