Mallie Bean

Mallie Bean

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Seriously Cont..........

I want someone to come to room 9402 and rip my heart out - its almost all the way there anyways.  The bloodwork taken this afternoon from Mallie's IV in her head....was not encouraging at all.  Her WBC is very high - 4 days ago it was 7 and now its 22!  Platelets are still high and higher than before as well.  The did a blood culture too - but we won't have the prelim results until tomorrow at 6ish.  Then the final results are not for 72 hours.  I think I want to die - really - I can not take much more of this and I don't know how much Mallie's little body can take either.  I know she is a fighter but one of the infections they are checking for could do some major damage to her body.  I am trying to keep being positive - but you know what - nothing has worked out in our favor - NOTHING!  So my optimism is running extremely low.  I have so many heightened emotions right now - I go from scared to sad to pissed or even all at once.  My little baby - my poor little baby.  She has been sleeping for awhile now - since the IV got put back in.  They are going to start 2 kinds of antibiotics to cover a multitude of things until we know for sure if its bacteria based or not.  They warned me that one of them can cause a flushing of the skin (extreme redness). Well you know it will because she is allergic to everything and any possible thing that can happen does.  So I retract the statement from earlier - we will not be going home tomorrow or the next day.....I am guessing not until all her symptoms subside and the final results of the blood culture come back.  Then we still have the sugar issue to contend with once she is back off IV fluids - oh and her feeds too.  DEEP BREATHS!!!!!!!!  Deep breaths. 

6 comments:

  1. Oh, Steph. I am so sorry Mallie is struggling. I don't know what else to say except we will continue to pray for her and all of you. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mallie is a little fighter and one tough young lady and believe you me she will come through this with flying colors - red,white and blue - Mallie is going to be just fine - you can count on that and take it to the moon. Be down there tomorrow Steph - Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry Steph. But don't lose hope. We are all praying for her so try and think of that when your mind can't handle any more. She is one tough little girl. I go to bed at night saying prayers for her and wake up saying them all over again. And I will continue to do so until you get your baby back home. Love, Aunt Jorjetta xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been thinking of you and Steve and Mallie often! We'll be praying that you all keep the strength you need to get through this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Stephanie. My heart is just breaking for you. I can't imagine what you're feeling now. Does Spectrum have any type of social worker that you can vent to? Please keep us updated. Love you guys.!
    Lori, Shelby & Logan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, I wonder if you can claim Spectrum as a 2nd residence on your taxes this year :)?

    Lori

    ReplyDelete